HeardNetwork Limited built the Heard app as a free service. This Service is provided by HeardNetwork Limited at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- • Information you choose to give us.
• Information we collect when you use our services.
• Information we collect from third parties.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you use with our services, we collect information that you choose to share with us. For example, our services require you to set up an account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you’d like to go by, a display name, a password and an email address. You can choose to add other optional information to your account at any time. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information.
Just remember that the users you chat to can save that content or copy it outside Heard. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Heard as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact Heard Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you joined a specific moment, viewed a specific ad for a certain period of time, and sent direct messages to people on your friends list. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services :
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
• how you interact with the services, such as which moments you view or create, which or which search queries you submit.
• how you communicate with other Heard users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the wireless network, hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type and operating language
- Device Phonebook. Because Snapchat is all about communicating with friends, we may— but only with your explicit consent — collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send or upload photos from your camera roll to a moment or a private message unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we will collect information about your location. We will also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses. This is to ensure that we only show you the moments around you.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
• details about how you’ve used our services.
• Device information, such as your web browser type and language.
• access times.
• pages viewed.
• IP address.
• identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
• pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
Information Collection and Use
When you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we will also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points and other sensors such as gyroscopes, accelerometers and compasses.
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other Heard Users.
We may share the following information with other Heard users: information about you, such as your username, name and Profile Pic, the names of Heard Users you are friends with and other information that will help other users understand your connections with others using the services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Heard friends in common.
Content you post or send will be shared with other Heard Users with the area; how widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of Moment you are using.
With third parties for legal reasons.
We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to: comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation. investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations. protect our, our users’ or others’ rights, property and safety. detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition.
HeardNetwork. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties – such as advertisers – aggregated, non-personally identifiable or de-identified information.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons: To facilitate our Service; To provide the Service on our behalf; To perform Service-related services; or To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your device internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collection information and to improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
You must be over 13 years old to create and access a Heard account. Heard does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.